A subscription-based video on demand service by premium American cable and satellite television network, HBO Now is among the top streamed services online. This service allows its users to access HBO’s library of original programs, films and other content on personal computers, smartphones, tablet and digital media players.
Largely used on Amazon Fire TV devices, users often encounter issues with the HBO NOW service. In case you are also having a problem with the service on your media streaming device, you can try troubleshooting it. If you don’t know how to do that, here is a guide for you. Apply the following troubleshooting methods.
To enjoy the service, you need to have the latest version of the application. Make sure your application is up to date. All you need to do is, open your Amazon Fire TV, move the selection to the HBO NOW tile and press the Menu button. Choose More Info in the lower-right corner, and then Update (if available).
To update:Go to Settings > Device > About > Check for System Update.
Check network status
If the videos you are watching keep buffering or appear to be of poor quality, there is a possibility that your internet is slow or that your network connection is inconsistent. To check your network status:
- Open your Amazon Fire TV,
- Go to Settings > Network
- Check your network status by pressing the Play button on the remote
- Unplug your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.)
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about a minute)
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet
- Plug your Amazon Fire TV back in
- Open HBO NOW and see if the problem is resolved
Clear app data
- From the Fire TV Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage All Applications
- Select HBO NOW from the list of apps
- Select Clear data, and when prompted choose Clear data again
- Restart your Amazon Fire TV
- Open HBO NOW, sign in, and see if the problem is resolved
- From the Fire TV Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- Select HBO NOW from the list of applications
- Select Force stop
- Select Uninstall
- Download and reinstall HBO NOW from the Amazon Appstore
- For more help, go to Troubleshooting for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Help
Troubleshoot HBO NOW on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
In case you are having problems with the HBO NOW app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV, you must contact the Amazon Fire Stick Customer Service for immediate help. Prior to that, take a look at the below-mentioned steps:
1. Check your network connection
If you are experiencing poor quality video and its buffering, an unstable or slow network connection may be its reason. To check network status go to settings on your Amazon Fire TV and select Network. Now tap the Play button on the remote for checking the status of the connection.
2. Reboot your device
Disconnect your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV. Disconnect the power from your modem or router. Now reconnect the power to your network devices. Let every device power-up prior to plugging the next. Now connect the fire TV device back in and open HBO NOW app to see whether your issue is solved.
3. Check for software updates
To check software update on your fire TV device, go to Settings, then select Device and now ‘About’. Choose ‘Check for System Update’ to see the availability of an update.
4. Clear the cache
Go to Fire TV home screen, select Settings, tap Application, and tap Manage All Applications. Now choose HBO NOW from apps’ list. Choose Force Stop and then tap Clear Cache. Now choose Clear Data. Now reboot your fire TV device and then open HBO NOW to check whether the issue is gone.
5. Uninstall & Reinstall HBO NOW App
Go to Fire TV homescreen, select Settings, tap Application, and tap Manage All Applications. Now choose HBO NOW from apps’ list.Choose Force Stop and then tap Uninstall. Now download and reinstall the HBO NOW app from the Amazon App Store.
For further Amazon Fire Stick Support, contact the customer service representative right away.