If you are a Fire Stick user then you may have face problem like how to reset Fire Stick, if not yet then also you should be aware of methods to resolve such issue because you know “Problems never inform you before they come to you.”
Let’s see what those questions are, and what is the answer for them.
Here we go,
Why should reset Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV!
As we know it’s a common thing to get technical glitches by all such devices that need the operating system to perform the work they are made for. Since the Fire Stick is also a member of search family of devices, so it’s no wonder that it also faces technical glitches as other such devices do. Although there is no hard and fast rule to tell you the exact number of technical problems that you may face with your fire stick, some of the common ones that maximum of users have faced are
- Fire Stick getting slow.
- Fire Stick remote not working.
- Slow loading of the prime library, and many more.
Resetting the Fire Stick is the process of bringing back the fire stick as it was initially. Thus the fire stick gets a new life after being reset.
I hope that by now, you may have got the answer to why to reset Fire Stick.
Now it’s time to see what are the ways and types you have to reset Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Ways and Types of Fire Stick Reset.
If you want to or if you need to reset Amazon FireStick then you can do so through three ways that are as follow.
- To reset Amazon Fire Stick with using the settings option.
- To reset the fire stick without using the settings option.
- To reset the Fire Stick using ES File Explorer.
Out of all these three ways that I have mentioned above the one that is easiest to apply and also the time saving is the second one that is “ To reset the Amazon Fire TV“ without using the settings option. Other two options are also easier to apply but they may take a bit more time in comparison to the second one. Many of you may get confused with the terms Factory default reset Fire Stick. I have seen some of the tech bloggers who pretend the two words to be the same, but let me tell you that these two words completely different. When we are asked to reset Fire TV Stick then what it’s actual meaning is to choose between the two types of Fire Stick resetting that we need to do. These two types of resetting the Fire Stick are.
Reset to factory default.
So, in short, you may say that the “reset to factory default” is just a type of Fire Stick reset.
I think that by now you may have got what’s the ways you have to reset the Fire Stick, and how many types you have to reset the Fire TV.
Nice time to see what is the factory default reset of the Fire Stick.
What is Factory Default Reset of Fire Stick?
The term “Factory Default Reset” refers to the complete uninstallation and Re installation process. When we reset a Fire Stick to its factory default state then what we actually do, is to uninstall all the files and programs, and to bring back the Fire Stick to its normal state or the initial state as if it is made in the factory just now.
I hope that now you may have better understand what I mean when I say that term “ factory default reset of Fire Stick”. In this article, you will come to know how to do “Fire Stick reset to factory default”. But right now it’s time to see what I mean by the term “ temporary reset of Fire Stick”.
What is Temporary Reset of Fire Stick?
Many a time, you may not want the full reset of your Fire Stick. Maybe that you are using a jailbroken Fire Stick, and you don’t want to go through the Tedious process of jailbreaking the Fire Stick again by doing the full reset of Fire Stick, or maybe you have installed lots of apps on your Fire Stick, and now you don’t want to spend your internet and time to install them again after full resetting of your Fire Stick. In both of these cases what the most preferred thing for you is to choose the option of temporary reset of the Fire Stick. When you do the temporary reset of fire stick then you actually uninstall only some of corrupted files or unsupported files from your Fire Stick device. After removing those files, your Fire Stick start working fine again.
I hope that now you may have understood better what I mean by “ the temporary reset of Fire Stick”. In this article, you will come to know how you can temporarily reset the fire stick.
Shortcut Method to reset Fire Stick / To Reset Fire Stick Without “Settings” option.
It is the easiest and the fastest way to reset Fire Stick. Here you need to push and hold the back button and right button simultaneously on your Fire Stick remote for about 10 to 20 seconds till you get the option “Reset to Factory Default”. Once you get the option “Reset to Factory Default” or something similar to this then you have to confirm the same by choosing the “Yes” or “Ok” option. Once you have confirmed to reset of the Fire Stick, the process will start automatically. It hardly takes a minute or even less to apply this amazing trick, and that is why this method is loved by most of the experts and tech bloggers like me. Now you have seen how simple it is to Fire Stick using this shortcut trick. Now, let’s see how to reset the fire stick by using the “Settings” option.
To reset Fire Stick with “Settings” option.
If you want to reset Fire Stick using the “Settings” option then you should follow the steps As given below.
- Go to the Sidebar, and pick the “Settings” option.
- In the Settings option, there is “System” option that you have to choose.
- Now, it’s time to pick the “Reset to Factory Default” option.
- In the next step, you may be asked to provide the pin if you have set one. You should remember that you can’t reset your pin protected Fire Stick unless the device can phone home and confirm your PIN.
- Now you just need to pick the reset option, and you are done.
This method may become handy for you against the case when either of the back button or the right button of your remote of is not working fine.
I hope that by now, it should be crystal clear for you that how to do reset Fire Stick with the help of the “Settings” option.
The Fire Stick remote not working, maybe because Fire Stick not connecting to WiFi, and it continues until the Fire Stick won’t connect to WiFi. Then you should try to reset Fire Stick to solve the issue.
Now it’s time to see how to reset the fire stick using the ES File Explorer or ES Explorer, and also what this ES Explorer is actually.
What is ES Explorer & How to reset Amazon Fire Stick using ES Explorer?
The ES File Explorer which have more than about 300 millions downloadable files, is one of the largest Marketplace for app download. The ES Explorer is available in more than 30+ languages, and also the most trending, and maybe the biggest marketplace for downloading apps and various such files. It also has some mind-blowing features such as
- You can rename files or folders in batch.
- You can find/search the local files.
- You can easily create and open the Zip files.
- To encrypt any file or folder with the password is simpler here.
- You can anytime have the control of your files and folders, as per your wish.
- You have the authority to change the folder properties.
- To copy and paste multiple themes is possible here.
- Editing of the host files is one more thing that you can do here.
- Hiding the media is one more amazing feature that this ES explorer has.
- Now saving the files directly to various cloud service is possible, and there are many other amazing features that may take another 1000 words if I start explaining them here.
I guess, now you know what this ES File Explorer is.
Now coming to the topic,
How to reset Amazon Fire Stick using ES File Explorer?
Using the ES File Explorer you can do the temporary reset of Fire Stick. For doing so, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the “Apps” option.
- Now open the ES File Explorer.
- Visit the “Local” option, and your internal storage of the Fire Stick will get open.
- Now visit the apps folder, if you have any Android files downloaded, or Alternatively, you can go to the Downloader and/or Downloads folders.
- Once you are in, you need to select the file you want to delete by scrolling to it, then push and hold the Select button on the remote of the Fire Stick until a green check icon appears.
- Scroll to the menu bar, and select the “Delete” option, and select OK.
- Now visit the File Explorer of the Recycle Bin, and clear the recycle bin, and you have done the job.
There is another method also to temporary reset the Amazon Fire Stick. I am mentioning that one below.
Method to Temporary Reset Fire Stick.
If you want the temporary reset of Amazon Fire TV, but you are not sure about the way to use the ES Explorer or if you don’t want to go to the tedious way of installing and configuring the ES explorer then you can go this way also, as mentioned below. You just need to follow the steps very carefully, and you are done.
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Applications” option.
- Now, come down and choose the “Manage Installed Applications” option.
- Now uninstall all the virus infected, corrupted or all such files that are of no use for you now.
This act free up some space, and your Fire Stick may start working fine again. Now, I hope that you have well understood how to temporary reset the Fire Stick. Now coming to the next and the very last topic.
Alternative to Fire Stick Remote and how to reset the Amazon Fire Stick using this alternative.
If for some reasons, you can’t use your Fire stick remote to reset the Firestick then also you have an alternative to opt for. You can use the fire stick remote app that is easily available on the Google Play Store and the Apple Store. This app can be considered as the virtual remote for your fire stick and works the same way as the normal fire stick remote do. To reset the Fire Stick using this app does not need to have the hard and fast rule or tricks to apply. What you need to do, is to use this app to reset the fire stick the same way as you could do with your original Fire Stick remote. Now, I guess that by now, you may be well familiar with “How to reset the Amazon Fire Stick”
I hope that, after going through this article, you may have got the answer to all these questions related to Reset of Fire Stick.
- Why should reset Fire Stick?
- Ways and Types of Fire Stick Resetting.
- What is Factory Default Reset of Fire Stick?
- What is Temporary Reset of Fire Stick?
- Shortcut Method to reset Fire Stick / To Reset Fire Stick without Remote.
- To Reset Fire Stick with Fire Stick Remote.
- What is ES Explorer & How to reset Fire TV Stick using ES Explorer?
- Method to Temporary Reset Fire Stick.
- Alternative to Fire Stick Remote and how to reset Firestick with the use of this alternative.
Alternative to Fire Stick Remote and how to reset Firestick with the use of this alternative.
But, If still, you have any query, feel free to ask your queries through the Live chat box given below.