A subscription-based video on demand service by premium American cable and satellite television network, HBO Now is among the top streamed services online. This service allows its users to access HBO’s library of original programs, films and other content on personal computers, smartphones, tablet and digital media players.
Largely used on Amazon Fire TV devices, users often encounter issues with the HBO NOW service. In case you are also having a problem with the service on your media streaming device, you can try troubleshooting it. If you don’t know how to do that, here is a guide for you. Apply the following troubleshooting methods.
To enjoy the service, you need to have the latest version of the application. Make sure your application is up to date. All you need to do is, open your Amazon Fire TV, move the selection to the HBO NOW tile and press the Menu button. Choose More Info in the lower-right corner, and then Update (if available).
To update:Go to Settings > Device > About > Check for System Update.
Check network status
If the videos you are watching keep buffering or appear to be of poor quality, there is a possibility that your internet is slow or that your network connection is inconsistent. To check your network status:
- Open your Amazon Fire TV,
- Go to Settings > Network
- Check your network status by pressing the Play button on the remote
- Unplug your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.)
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about a minute)
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet
- Plug your Amazon Fire TV back in
- Open HBO NOW and see if the problem is resolved
Clear app data
- From the Fire TV Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage All Applications
- Select HBO NOW from the list of apps
- Select Clear data, and when prompted choose Clear data again
- Restart your Amazon Fire TV
- Open HBO NOW, sign in, and see if the problem is resolved
- From the Fire TV Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- Select HBO NOW from the list of applications
- Select Force stop
- Select Uninstall
- Download and reinstall HBO NOW from the Amazon Appstore
- For more help, go to Troubleshooting for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Help